How to optimize the Linkedin profile?
Linkedin is without a doubt the professional social network par excellence. The place where both companies and people try to prove their worth and their professional skills to be able to make a leap in their careers. What many people do not know is that it is possible to optimize the profile of Linkedin, not only to achieve greater recognition, but also to position it.
In this article I will explain how to optimize the profile of Linkedin of your company, so that you can offer an image according to the values that you want to transmit, since in this way you will be able to obtain great advantages, contacts and projects.
What is LinkedIn?
I am sure that most people know that it is Linkedin, but just in case I will make a brief introduction.
Linkedin was founded at the end of 2002 and launched in May 2003, orienting itself from its origins to the relationship between commercial and professional. What we find in this social network is personal and corporate promotion, as well as the search for networking and business.
Why do I have to have a profile on Linkedin?
Next I show some very interesting data on this platform, that I am sure you will be surprised:
- Nearly 250 million users from more than 200 countries.
- 50 million daily users.
- More than 3 million pages of companies created.
- More than 1.5 million existing groups.
- The social platform favored by users to create and distribute content, ahead of Twitter and Facebook.
How can Linkedin help my business?
The reality is that Linkedin does not stop being social media, so what it can bring us is image, reputation and brand value. It will allow us to establish relationships and conversations with potential customers, increase traffic on our website and even improve the organic positioning of our website.
It is the perfect social network to become a benchmark in the sector. It is difficult, very difficult, but that is why it is so important to have a positioning strategy in this social network. Search for groups that can provide us with knowledge and us, share our services, articles from our blog or awards received. There are many actions that we can carry out in Linkedin, but the first step to earn that reputation we want is to optimize the Linkedin profile.
How to optimize the Linkedin profile of my company?
There are many factors of our profile that we can adapt to our philosophy, to transmit 100% what we are as a company:
- Cover image: the cover image must be impressive and must be related to the service we offer. When you enter the profile of a company is the first thing you see, thanks to its size of 646 * 220 pixels, and therefore it has to be spectacular.
- Profile picture: in this case it is “mandatory” to put your company logo. The measures stipulated are 100 * 60 pixels, and the quality must be high.
- Description: if you look, there are many companies that only have a couple of lines in the description or even have, that’s a mistake. What many people do not know is that in Linkedin, as in Google, you can position yourself organically in search engines, so you have to work on the description. In this case, I recommend talking about all the products and services offered, the history of the company, the experience, the values and the awards that have been won. Of course you have to include a good number of keywords to position well.
- Content: as in the rest of social networks on Linkedin you can also publish posts and interact with other profiles. It’s not about selling your products or writing every day, it’s about doing it right. Lately in Linkedin, both companies and personal profiles abuse to want to sell, and that is really bad. If you want to gain a reputation, you must offer quality articles related to the sector in which you operate, share your blog articles, reports, relevant news …
- Groups: you can, on the one hand, create your own group or, on the other, enter and participate in groups of other people or companies. It’s a very interesting aspect, since it allows you to be in contact with people interested in the same subject, and that always makes things easier.
Actually, optimizing Linkedin profile is not as complicated as it may seem at the beginning, the really difficult thing is to maintain that quality in the content in all publications. We must bear in mind that Linkedin is not just another social network, it is the social network that your next job or your next big contract can get you.
I want to think that thanks to this article you have understood the importance of optimizing Linkedin profile, and that you will invest your time doing it. If you have any doubt about this, here you have me to advise you and be able to guide you in this aspect.
See you in the next article!